Bender-Ferndorf sees itself as a system supplier in the sector of large diameter pipes.
This starts with the meticulous choice of vendors; their preliminary products must comply with a strict catalog of criteria. Therefore high grade steel from well-known producers is used exclusively.
The pipes produced by Bender-Ferndorf can be coated individually on demand. Common exterior coatings are polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), fiber cement, and GRP coatings. For suitable corresponding interior linings, cement mortar lining and liquid epoxy coating can be provided; these comply with every regulations with respect to hygiene. Other coating methods are available on request.
Anti-corrosion gets highest priority at Bender-Ferndorf.
- Polyethylene (PE) according to DIN 30670 either 1 layer (sintering process) or 3 layer (extrusion process)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- GRP protection
The three layer PE coating has excellent chemical and physical properties and thus offers many advantages:
- High resistance against mechanical damage
- High adhesiveness
- Low tendency for corrosion creep
- Low absorption of water
- Low diffusion of water vapour and low permeability for oxygen
- High electrical resistance
- Aging and temperature resistance
- Exceptionally high chemical resistance against aggressive substances of the soil.
- Cement mortar (for water pipelines)
- Liquid epoxy (for gas and oil)
Cement mortar lining is in the first place a barrier against corrosives reaching the steel pipe wall. Cement mortar also has the function of an active protection, as it closes tears by sintering (also called “self healing”). When built from the components “clean quartz sand”, “drinking water”, and “cement”, cement mortar coating is an optimal solution for transporting drinking water from a hygienic point of view.
Other coating methods are available on request.